Contribuyentes

miércoles, 12 de junio de 2013

A gay boy gets withdraw an award to a homophobic politician in the U.S.

A gay boy gets withdraw an award to a homophobic politician in the U.S.



Neergard Marcel is a 11 year old openly gay now holding with his family in the State of Tennessee (USA) have won a battle against John Ragan, a local politician who had received the award for best legislator of the year. Ragan supported a law prohibiting teachers mention all sexuality class unrelated to procreation.
Neergard been bullied for years by their sexual orientation so they decided to study an entire course at home. This student has managed to withdraw the prize Ragan, a feat for him and his family that is a victory for the rights of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender). "I suffered bullying in fifth grade. I wrote my feelings in a diary, and I read it again a year later. I corrected the grammar and decided to post it on the Internet. Then I learned that Ragan had received this award, my mother told me and asked if I wanted to do something about it. I said, "Of course!" Says this young by email.
Neergard Ragan began his fight against a petition with MoveOn.org to be taken off the political prize for supporting Protection Act in the Classroom, stop leading Tennessee in Congress several months. To many experts, this measure threatens the diversity and encourages bullying. The campaign had more than 50,000 signatures and finally StudentFirst organization, sponsored the award, Ragan took the prize. "I am very happy that StudentFirst has taken my side to fight against bullying in schools, but there is still much to do to ensure that what has happened to me will not happen again to any child more" says the young man.
Neergard that this summer is going to enjoy his victory. "Once back to school next year I want to share my experience and make it a safer place for everyone." "I love learning" continues Neegard, "I am very excited to return to my school". "In fifth grade, students were mean to me, were verbal abuse, assaults rarely. They called me a fagot, girl-boots (as always wearing them, they were my favorite and black). My colleagues used the word gay as an insult, really hurts your partners use against you something that defines you as a person. "
According recounts his father, Neegard once had suicidal thoughts during the time he suffered bullying, even the "most were simple teasing insults, was intolerable to him." "Do not tell anyone, we found a day that we went to school and saw hitting another student with the backpack".
"Being who you are is something that you have to feel proud. People who are going through the same thing I would tell you never to leave being the same, "continues the child. "Seek help from an adult if you suffer harassment. With all this I have learned that everyone has the ability to fight for what you believe is right. Just because we are small, does not mean we're not anything, "he continues Neegard.
This young man would love to work with GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) in some of his campaigns, for example, promote Spirit Day, a day in which people dress in purple shirts to support the gay community. "My dream? Lawmakers approve a regulation against bullying in schools "ends Neegard.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario